Tuesday, February 17, 2009

New Man Crush: Dennis Just


I'm officially over Shaq. Dennis Just and his godly fingertips have swept me off my erotic photo hunt feet. Dennis is the world's best photo hunt player.

To put his score in comparison, the highest score on Photo Hunt's server is 1,936,500 (only a small percentage of the company's Photo Hunt machines are connected to the server). Just's high score is 2,904,742. My high score is maybe in the 400,000' s. And I play with 2 or 3 other people.

His trick is what people earning Ph.D.s call "free fusing," (Just is currently an astronomy Ph.D. student at the University of Arizona) and what the rest of us call "crossing your eyes." Dennis stares at the screen, drink in hand, and shoves his eyeballs together until the two images overlap. With the scenes on top of one another, it's easy to see what distinguishes them.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like he's getting the respect he deserves. Tuscon appears to not be as into its photo hunt as Medford, MA. "In Tucson I'll go to a lot of places and see machines with no high scores because nobody has played it," Just says. "I feel like I'm Michael Jordan living in a place where nobody has heard of basketball."

DJ - on our blog, you're still Michael Jordan, but not only have we heard of basketball, we're hanging out in Springfield at the Naismith.

shout out to e-dub and, just to admit, part of this is blatantly plagiarized from Esquire

No comments: