Friday, September 4, 2009

80s Video Friday: New England, The Patriots and We



Preseason football is finally over (thank God and did you see Matthew Slater's arm last night? BLEGH!). To celebrate the return of the Pats, I dug up this little ditty.

A few questions and comments that tickled my brain-mush as I watched this:

The stuffed bear hostage cracks me up every time.

"The Patriots and we"?? Who wrote that line? It sounds like olde English. "The Patriots and me" didn't sound better?

I like how they get all of the lyrics out of the way upfront then just play the "NEW ENGLAND! THE PATRIOTS AND WE!" chorus with random shots of overexcited massholes for the remainder of the song.

That guy on the left at the 1:58 mark is waaaay to into this. Relax dude.

Why are all of the players wearing MTV hats?

Has Mike Lynch aged at all in the past 23 years?

If you watched that entire video, good luck getting that song out of your head for the next three days.

Happy Labor Day!

No comments: