Thursday, January 8, 2009

My Sports Guy Mailbag Entry - Worst Strip Clubs Ever.


It may be macabre, but I have an odd fascination with bad strip clubs. If it's worth telling a good story, it's worth visiting at least once. And then setting fire to your clothes immediately after. One that comes immediately to mind is the Cafe Risque in North Carolina that hosted me and two of my friends during a long drive down to Florida for Spring Break. We were first taken aback by the sign outside that read "FREE SHOWERS FOR TRUCKERS". Ten minutes later my buddies and I are looking down at our $8 coffees trying to avoid eye contact with a stripper who could have very likely been underage. Another great establishment is Diva's in Bangor, Maine. Yes, you read that correctly, Bangor, Maine. When you walk in it looks like a converted crack den and I swear our stripper had more track marks than teeth. Good times. Anyway, in all of your travels, what is the worst gentleman's establishment you've ever visited? I'll book plane tickets immediately following your next mailbag.

Above: Cafe Risque may have once been an International House of Pancakes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good god, how many strip clubs have you been to??

Derrick said...

Not enough, obviously.