Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My Sports Guy Mailbag Entry - The Wire Withdrawals

Dear Bill,


My withdrawals from The Wire are becoming about as unbearable as Bubbles' worst days when he was sleeping in garages and selling white t's just to feed his addiction. Just the other day I saw a bow tie in a store and instantly thought of the epic standoff between Brother Mouzone and Omar. This is not good.


What are you doing to fill the gaping void left from The Wire? Are there any new shows you recommend?


Please help.



For those of you who just read this, and have no idea what I'm talking about - I'm sorry. If you are not familiar with or have not seen every episode of HBO's The Wire, then you are truly missing out on greatness. I don't hesitate for one second in saying that The Wire was the best show ever on television. And yes, that even includes The Sopranos - and I'm as Italian as they come.

So, if for whatever reason you're still not convinced enough to check out the best TV show ever, then just wait until you see the above entry in the Sports Guy's Mailbag. Then maybe you'll learn.

No comments: